Friday 5 November 2010

No news is good news; message interpretation.

For this project I had to choose a fact that I had found when producing my initial research. There had to be some sort of proof that it was a fact such as a statistic. The fact I chose was "66% of children (ages 10 - 16) surveyed say that their peers are influenced by TV shows". With this fact I then had to design a series of three posters, one containing just text, one imagery and one both. The imagery had to be relevant to the fact. 



I had an idea straight away of the type of imagery I wanted to go for, that included children and the different things that influence them via television. I still experimented with this in a few ways until I was happy that it represented my fact successfully. Here I also looked at how I wanted the text to look. 

I went for the cartoon drawing of the two children because I felt that this was simplistic and I chose a font that I felt sent a strong message to the audience through the fact its quite blunt and bold. Here I have explored various different layouts so I could get three that worked well as a series. 

 This is the final piece I originally designed for the brief. However, after reading the comments I was given at the crit stage there was a number of things I could do to improve it. Some of the comments were things like people didn't understand the imagery and its relevance. 

After re-working the original solution I came up with imagery that played on the fact that TV can apparently make children violent. I feel this works a lot better because the imagery works for itself and is even more simplistic than before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment