Thursday 21 October 2010

Illustrator.

For this brief we have to take a letter we designed for the brief alphabet soup, re-create it using illustrator and then  create 26 variations of this one letter on an A1 sheet. The first session was about getting to know how to use the features of illustrator and how to trace shapes. 

Once I knew how everything worked I could then trace my letter so it was ready to work with. 

I then used some of the tools i'd been shown to create a few variations of this letter just so I knew what was available. Most of these letters have been created by illustrator effects so as further development I can now look at actually moving the anchor points to distort the actual letter. 




These are all the variations I created before choosing the best 26 for my final piece. 

This is my final design. I think its overall quite successful because i've used a range of techniques. I really like the fact i've placed a lighter 'R' in the middle because this breaks the whole thing up a bit. 



Below is the information I need when sending my final piece to print.
Preparing for print: 
A1: 594mm x 841mm 
Landscape orientation 13 x 2
Resolution: print - 300ppi    screen - 72ppi
Colour mode: CMYK and RGB
File format: JPEG, PNG, GIF (lossy - screen) 
TIFF, PSD, PDF, IND, Ai, EPS, PS (lossless - print) 
PDF or EPS.



No comments:

Post a Comment