Monday 24 September 2012

Statement of intent.


This year for me, is all about finding my definite place within the industry and also gaining experience. I feel as though i'm not far away from this goal but there is still a number of things I can do to reach it. 

5 things I want to do; 
- Focus on illustration and branding
- Gain a greater understand of print and the processes
- Collaborate 
- Use book binding within some of my briefs
- Take part in competition and live briefs

5 things I need to do; 
- Explore design for web further
- Focus on my dissertation
- Make sure I put equal effort into each of my ten briefs
- Use different printing processes 
- Find a work placement

5 reasons why; 
- To make the most of my final year and the knowledge that I currently have surrounding me
- To pepare myself for the industry with a varied range of skills
- Printing processes with give me a more varied portfolio and showcase the knowledge and skills I have
- Taking part in live briefs will give me a realistic idea of what it's like to work for a client
- Collaborate to show myself that it isn't so bad afterall and prove that I can work with others well. 

To add to the above, I would also like to visit a few different galleries and shows this year so i'm not just constantly glued to my macbook. This will inform my personal practice and also may have effect on my interests within certain areas of the industry. 

I am determined to make sure all of these things have been achieved by the end of my third and final year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment