Sunday 2 December 2012

Illustrative type; Harry Potter postcard.



I didn't need to experiment with the layout of this design as such because the text can only be applied in one way due to the layout of it and the fact it needs to be really simple to read. I also want this design to link to that of the t-shirt design. This was more about exploring the colour because I felt that having an all white product seemed pretty boring and the consumer wouldn't be impressed just paying for that as it doesn't seem considered. I thought about applying yellow to the back of the postcard because this links in with the yellow on the stars. I then tried applying brown but think this looks a bit negative and doesn't give the text as high of an impact. I also applied stars to the front of the postcard and then remembered this brief is heavily focused on the type so I took these away again and went with the yellow! Although the design seems quite plain, I feel this project has a huge element of minimalism about it which is good because it's something i've not really explored so I feel this works well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment