Monday 12 December 2011

Silent movie; summary of last workshop.

What is a keyframe?
A key frame is a point on the timeline within which change happens wether it be a slight change or a dramatic one. Keyframes are used in certain ways to communicate the motion the designer is looking for. 

What did I learn from the previous workshop? 
- Some form of mathematics comes into play with storyboarding. 
- A change may not have to happen quite so regularly to communicate an idea. 
- Storyboards are better to understand when cut up and stuck as one huge line because you can gain greater understanding of whats happening. 
- Storyboarding is quite important before taking ideas into software because you gain greater understanding of how and when the word will move. 

What problems did I encounter when working with timelines?
- I didn't write the times down for when changed ocurred in the second sequence and I needed these to place the frames correctly. 
- Due to the fact my sequence was 59 seconds and not a rounded time, it took a while to divide this up and place it on to my timeline. 
- I had to come up with a system to make it easier to understand where frames began because sometimes there was a few around the same area.
- It made sense to me but did it have to make sense to anyone else? 

How do my own sequences work in regards to what I have done today? 
- Faster sequences will need a lot more keyframes to communicate the rapid change the word will have. 
- Slower sequences may need less as they are more gradual movement.
- I need to collect all relevent information for my sequences before creating them so I will know exactly how they should work. 
- My sequences will have less keyframes than the one I explored because my time for the full sequence is shorter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment