Monday 12 December 2011

Silent movie; workshop two.

After the previous workshop we were told to choose a kinetic type sequence on youtube and take 25 screen shots equally apart from any point in the sequence that we choose and also 25 screen shots of where we think significant changes happen in the sequence. We had to print these screen shots out postage stamp size but were given no indication of what we would be doing next with these. 

When it came to the workshop we were told to draw 5, 60cm lines and split these up equally into 10 second sections. 
In the first task we had to plot the 25 screen shots we'd taken equally apart on the timeline, they didn't nescessarily have to be on he first line, they could be spread across all five if thats how we felt it worked best. At this point I realised I hadn't gathered all the relevent information because I hadn't taken down the time that I took each of the screenshots at and I needed this to plot them on the timeline. I'd also made it more difficult for myself because i'd chosen a video that didn't have a rounded time such as 60 seconds so I had to sit and work out equal timing for my particular time. This taught me more so that time is very important when it comes to looking at sequences and should always be a relevent piece of information that you take note of. 





With the second sequence I also hadn't noted down the point in which i'd take the screenshots so I had to go back on youtube and look at this so that I knew where to plot the images on the timeline. We had to do the same thing in which we drew 5 lines 60cms long but this time we were told we might need scissors. It soon dawned on everyone that we could cut the timeline out and stick it together so that it was one long line. Once we had stuck all the images onto the timeline and put this up on the wall, we saw it was a lot clearer in this format to see what was going on in the squence, it could also probably help us understand the timescale better. 

One of the questions that came up once we'd stuck all this work on the wall was do the timelines make sense and I commented saying that 'it does to me'. One of the most important things I then took away from this workshop was that as long as the storyboards make sense to me it doesn't matter to anyone else because i'm the one person that has to work with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment