Friday 20 April 2012

Image; The best of British.


This is my response to the self initiated brief. As with all of the previous briefs I wanted to do something in which I could hand illustrate my final outcomes. I decided to base my brief upon type as image as I quite enjoyed working with type as it made a change from what I usually do within my work. It's very loosely based upon that brief in the sense that I have chosen the quote 'The best of british' and decided to illustrate words within that based on the results I got from my survey as to what was 'most british' so technically i've used a word for type as image. I decided to create a series of posters in response to my brief because this meant I didn't really have any limitations on size and because I had a few words it could easily create a nice series. 



This is the imagery I created that I knew I would need for all of my final posters. I would take this into photoshop and create it digitally to be placed onto my posters. 








These are the final posters I created for my brief. Most of them are quite simplistic like with all previous briefs but then some of them are also more conceptual. The one element in particular that brings them all together is the fact they are quite minimal and are produced on a white background. I've gone for the illustrated style again throughout this poster series and feel this works quite well because it represents our country as being quite quirky which is a positive characteristic. I do have my favourites such as 'the queen' because I feel that some of them could have been developed a lot further. The style of posters could be seen as those that could teach children about their country, although this wasn't my intial intention, this would work really well. I had the intetion of creating one poster per week but fell down on this a bit throughout the brief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment