Wednesday 25 April 2012

Product/Range/Distribution; Workshop one.

This workshop was a simplified way of getting us to think about what we want to do throughout this brief and write our rationale. 

5 things I want to do; 
- Explore a new topic/focus point eg. music or film
- Work more with editorial design
- Use a mixture of type and image
- Explore stock more and experiment 
- Look into digital aspects more if this becomes apropriate

5 things I need to do; 
- Work with a format of outcome I have not really explored before 
- Research the specific area so that I fully understand it and can also apply it to other projects in the future
- Highly consider how digital can come into play throughout this brief if at all 
- Develop my illustration skills
- Work out of my comfort zone

5 reasons why; 
- By applying some of these things I will broaden my knowledge
- I will expand my skillset and understanding 
- I may become more confident as a designer 
- I've not explored digital enough and I may find it could become a key part of my practice
- Being able to produce a range of formats will create an interesting portfolio

Things I need to develop...

Personal skills; 
- Illustration
- Become more confident with my work and self
- Conversing with tutors for feedback
- Presenting my work
- Decision making 

Practical skills; 
- Digital outcomes/development
- More development consideration
- Illustrating 
- Informative blogging process
- Strong concept development

Processes; 
- Print: stock experimentation 
- Mock - up creation/test pieces
- Digital print

Products; 
- Branding
- Editorial/editorial image
- Promotion

Context; 
- Exsisting editorial pieces of the same subject
- General publishing and editorial



No comments:

Post a Comment