Tuesday 24 April 2012

Product/Range/Distribution; Chosen competition briefs.


We were told to find four briefs for the second half the module, one from D&AD, ISDT, YCN and then one from any other location of our choice. I chose four quite different briefs but some had overlapping requirements based on my interests. 


CCS music brief: The reason I chose this brief is because i've always had an interest in the music industry and design for it so this was my chance to possibly design something relating to it. The requirements are quite simple and give freedom to design. One of the key factors I liked about this brief is that illustrative design is welcomed, something which I really enjoy and tends to be a main part of my personal practice. 


D&AD: The reason I chose this brief is because the subject matter again, is of personal interest so I'd quite enjoy doing a brief like this. I've not really heard of Little White Lies so there would be plenty of research alongside this brief to inform any designs I create. Although the constraints were a not as free as with other briefs, I still feel I could work with it because i'm familiar with some of the films they discuss within the requirements. The main reason I was drawn to the brief is because the whole thing seems quite simple so it can really be what you make of it. 


Feel Good drinks company: The reason I chose this brief is because it steers away from previous subject matter that i've explored as i've never really looked at the food/drinks industry. I didn't really like the fact the company seem to be a bit picky with some of their constraints but still feel there are elements I could take from this brief such as the opportunity to brand working with an existing brand. It seems like quite a fun brand so gives good opportunity to explore colour. 


ISDT: The reason I chose this brief is because it was another that gave opportunity to explore branding, something which I seem to be getting more into. I have to admit that I wasn't really keen on any of their briefs as a lot of them seem to be typed based where as i'm more of an image based person. 



No comments:

Post a Comment