Thursday 19 May 2011

Speaking from experience; final booklets and facebook page.













For my final piece I designed my three booklets each containing different information that is relevant to being a first year on the graphic design course. I feel overall that my final pieces are successful because they are simplistic and get my idea across with no confusion. Each book has it's own bellyband to indicate what it is and then I made a final larger one for the set of books as a student would receive them together. I think the fact they are pocket size works really successfully because then they can be kept in a students wallet or even just in their pocket. I've used the fact my topic was money to my advantage because the books look like a pile of money when they are together (as seen above). 

This was the facebook page I created so people could go and post their own tips and experiences. I added everyone in the current graphic design first year as there comments were likely to be more relevant  with the project being based around the course. This wasn't as successful as it possibly could have been because only one person commented on the page. I do feel that if this was left longer more people may contribute and the concept itself was pretty clear. I also think that it may have been more successful if I got others to spread the word. 



No comments:

Post a Comment