Wednesday 12 October 2011

Good is... the ipod evolution - logo task.




































The task we were given was to create 150 logos spending approximately 1 minute on each logo and using only one colour but different thickness pens of this colour. At the beginning of this task I found it quite simple to come up with ideas although I felt some of them were maybe too similar. As I got toward the 100 mark I began to struggle a bit although my ideas should have become more resolved by this point. Technically some of my better ideas should have been toward the end but I feel my work hasn't come out like this and some of my favourites are just generally dotted about all over. Part of the next workshop was to choose our favourite 10 logos and the ones I have chosen are circled yellow. This was so that we could then present these favourite logos to a group of people and they could choose the one that works best. 

This was the logo the group felt worked best out of the ones I designed. They came up with very good supporting reasons for why this logo was best. They said that this logo related to all the points i'd made about why my good is good, its the most developed logo, its stylish, futuristic, representative of the ipod, looks like a music loop, revolutionary, looks digital where the other logos are illustrative, strips it back, relates the the transformers theme, could be used anywhere because of it being so simple, easily brand able and scalable. They also said that simple is effective. So this was the logo I would then take forward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment