Thursday 6 October 2011

Typography workshop one.

typography is the visual representation of the spoken word.

We did a few short exercises during this workshop to help us understand type a little better. 
We had to write our name in a font that we felt best represented us. I chose this particular font because I felt it was quite bubbly and positive and also suits the particular style I like to work with. I did however learn that decorative fonts aren't always best and sticking to normal serif and san serif fonts tends to be better. 

Then we had to use the word 'dog' to represent a lonely dog. I thought the best way to do this was to make the font really small and place it off center on the page because then its as though its away from everything else. Although this works I could have had it further in the corner to represent this better. 

This was the font I chose for angry dog. I chose this because when I think of angry in terms of image I think its quite a pointy word and also sharp. This font has both of these elements and generally I think serif fonts represent this best. 

This was irritated dog and I tried to use a font that was simplistic because generally when someone is irritated they don't really care about anything so I tried to make it look as though there was no 'tough' decision made for the font. 

No comments:

Post a Comment