Saturday 3 March 2012

Image; D&AD brief.

Live competition brief set by D&AD. 
When I think of rain in the UK I automatically think of it being romantic because it can bring people together and the brief is asking us to be quite positive about rain. I also feel that romance would be a good starting point because this is something that can be enjoyed by all so everyone should be able to relate. 


I thought of the quote 'love birds' when thinking about romance so from there my concept became pretty straight forward and I drew some intial sketches for imagery I could use within my poster design. I didn't explore the imagery too much because I felt this was pretty straight forward and that there could be more experimentation done throughout the actual layout of the poster. I again took the opportunity to draw everything by hand because I knew I would enjoy this more. 

This was the intial design I came up with. I decided to use bright colours in the obvious places because the poster itself is supposed to be really positive and heart warming. The layout in general utilises all of the space the poster is given and looks simplistic yet effective. I did however think there was a bit too much blue going on in this poster so decided what I could do to rectify this. 

I went for this grey/blue/green because rain creates this sort of colour in the sky anyway but its not as negative as using a straight forward grey colour. I also think that this colour better compliments the other colours within the poster. 

Although I like the overall result I have for this brief, I definitely feel as though it could have been explored further. 




No comments:

Post a Comment