Saturday 24 March 2012

YCN; The exhibition.


Intially for the exhibition I came up with a few layout designs that weren't really based on anything in particular, this is because really an exhibition can have any layout that you decide if there is enough space for it. When we looked over these drawings we decided it would be best to go with something that will guide the guests around the exhibition. I then came up with a few more designs based on this fact. We decided on one that we both liked and I made a few changes to it so that more work could be exhibited at the exhibition. I then drew up a colour coded plan of the exhibition which I could work from to create a proper plan which could be used within design boards. I created the proper plan on illustration using shapes to identify different elements of the exhibition as well as colour and included a key. 


At one of our crits it was advised that we drew up some examples of how the work would actually look in the exhibition and how it would be displayed. There was also the suggestion of using stock to create the flooring or even placing it on the boards of the exhibition. I drew up some more ideas based on these suggestions. We had to make sure that we had a range of ideas for the display of the work because the submissions could be absolutely anything so we had to cater to this. I designed platforms that paper mock ups could stand on, ways to hang posters on the boards, string displays for work that needed hanging and coves that work could be put into. Once we were happy with these ideas I drew them up neatly so that they could be added to the design boards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment