Friday 11 May 2012

Product/Range/Distribution; Cover illustrations.

I drew my first illustration to decide if black and white or colour would be best throughout the whole series. I've posted this online to get feedback from friends as a mini crit and to see what others think. There has been the suggestion that I try black pen outline so that is what I plan to do next and then make a decision about what media I am going to use. 

I tried the black outline for my imagery but don't think this works as well because the image doesn't have the same depth to it as it does with the colour and the black and white. When I did the mini crit on my drawings people said they most preferred the colour drawing so this is what I will take forward. 


Based on the original colour image I did for the tangled film I decided to keep this style throughout the rest of my drawings. I didn't want to use vectors at all for my imagery because I felt that there isn't really anything unique about them as such, they look like things that have been done before and I wanted the drawings to be really obviously done by myself so they are unique. The fact these drawings are hand rendered by me is part of the limited edition quality of the collection. I will take them into photoshop and edit them so the colours look a little brighter but the line quality will stay as is now. Each of the images is based on those of existing film posters and film imagery.

Edited images. The same image will be used across the range for each film so that each range ties together. 







No comments:

Post a Comment