Wednesday 16 May 2012

Product/Range/Distribution; Final crit.





This is what I took with me to the final crit. I hadn't got anywhere near as far as i'd hoped but felt everything I did have, I could get relevent feedback on that would still be useful. 



For the intial part of the crit we layed our work out on the table and then swapped with another table of whose work we'd never seen before. We had to crit the work based on first impression and what we thought of it. I thought this was a really good idea because it gave me an idea of whether or not the boards I have created so far were communicating well. It also let me know what other people thought of my idea and people seemed to really like it still. Some of the things written were already known by my usual crit group so i'd say this was the only downside. 




When we went back to our tables we then got into partners and did a crit on each others work based on how far people had got. Due to the fact I had some final pieces and all were eventually going to be pretty similar I could get the feedback I really wanted in terms of drawing style and layout etc. A lot of the feedback I was given was suggestions of things to try that may improve the work so this was really useful because again, it added to my development. The key comment for me during this crit was the fact some of the characters looked as though they were floating, I already felt this was something I needed to address and when we sat down and discussed this, the people who wrote it came up with some really good suggestions. The suggestion to vector my imagery was welcomed but I'd previously stated that I really wanted to steer clear of this because I wanted my illustrations to be unique and look more hand rendered so they are different to things that had done before, once I explained this to the group, they understood my reasoning. 


Once the crit was over I wrote another action plan stating what I would go and do to take me up to the module deadline. This should benefit me as it's basically my to-do list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment