Tuesday 15 May 2012

Product/Range/Distribution; Magazine cover development.




Based on the previous Little White Lies magazine covers i've looked at I decided to go with the black background because I felt this worked really well on the pirates cover with it being quite minimal. Due to my imagery being quite minimal I feel that it looks quite good and has a sophisticated element to it. I experimented with placing the logo in a different place to where it usually is but automatically came back to the location on exisiting magazine covers. There must be a genuine reason the company have decided to go with this and it works well with the layout of my imagery too. I quite liked how it look when it was placed over the illustrations jumper but this would not be seen anyway because realistically this would be silver. I also experimented with the logo on the back but this doensn't make sense at all because people won't think to look on the back. I then considered how I could include the name of each of the films on the cover and the final arthur cover screen shot is one that I am pleased with. 


I looked at keeping the name of each film in the same place on all the covers but with some, like the bridesmaids, it looks a little lost within the black so I've made the decision to have it at the bottom right hand corner of every illustration as this is something that will still link it all together. These screenshots also show the general layout i'm going for with each magazine cover, centeralised as this is something else that could link them together as a collection. 

The idea of the magazines is that they would be released in backward order starting with the 12th most popular film and everything that comes with this, so people have to collect all of them to find out which is most popular. 

Again there isn't much developement for this product because it is based on an exisiting one so I used a lot of constraints that were already in place. To link all future pieces to the magazine I will use the same general layout so there is likely to be minimal development there too. The only thing likely to differ is the actual logo design because on postcards, prints etc it will be the basic logo. 

Final printed magazine cover. 






No comments:

Post a Comment