Sunday 6 March 2011

Visual language; book fair.

This was the original brief that I wrote for myself but after exploring '3' through photography I felt as though there was something more I could do so that i'd find my project more interesting.
I chose to base my idea around typography because it was simplistic and i knew it could look good given that my subject was three. 

I unintentionally used quite a lot of blue and pink in my experimentation with ideas but thought this looked quite good so decided to stick with it. 

This was a simplistic idea for the inside of my book and with it being initial I would use this to a certain extent but it would probably change when making my final book. 


Here I was looking at ideas for the poster on the back. I prefer the second one because its a mixture of everything thats inside the book and the two style compliment each other really well. 





These are my ten final books. My original design idea did not include the blue smudges on the page but I felt this made it look better because it was quite plain without. Using a simplistic range of fonts I think I have created a visually interesting hotdog fold book and having it handmade gives the book more value in the sense that there only will ever be ten unless I decide to create more. Although I took a very literal approach to this project with my subject being '3' i'm pleased with the outcome. In future I need to not under estimate the time it takes to make simple things by hand, I have however, enjoyed this project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment