Friday 3 February 2012

Image; 2D to 3D to 2D



Breakdown of what i'm going to do for this brief. 


For this brief we had to choose one object and then one 'doing' word and then draw an image based on these two words. We were given a short space of time in which to create this drawing so it was quite sketchy. My words made 'exploding watch'. I then had to make this drawing 3D and whilst doing this had to think about the context you would see this image in. 

I decided I wanted to hand craft my image as this is something I really enjoy doing. I printed digital images out and then cut round them until I had all the elements that could be seen in my drawing. I came up with the idea that my exploding watch could be watched on a youtube video and so found an explosion on youtube that I could then stick all my imagery on to. The element that makes my idea 3D is the fact I have stuck imagery on to my computer screen so they stand off this. Although it is unrealistic the concept seems to work and could be developed further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment