Tuesday 7 February 2012

Top 10 things; DVD packaging.








I wanted to keep the DVD packaging for my submission quite simplistic because this is one characteristic that everything else I have produced for both briefs has. I decided that because my chosen topic for the top 10 brief was superheroes I would create a superhero logo for myself and turn this into some form of packaging. This meant that it would be unique to me and has more consideration than just using an exsisting superhero logo. I wanted to use the font I had used throughout all of my sequences so that my packaging and sequences could be linked together as they are part of the same brief so this was a good starting point for my packaging. I experimented a little bit with colour, the main one being blue as this is my favourite one, but couldn't find a combination that I liked more than simple black and blue. The black adds a nice touch because it makes the design look bold and stand out. The reason I have also included stars on the logo is because I have a star tattoo so this is and the blue added together make the packaging unique to me, the stars are also a nice touch because otherwise the design looked quite plain. I've kept my packaging minimalist because I felt there was no need to have too much to it with its use just being to hold my DVD. I feel the packaging has been executed well because the dvd fits perfectly into the slot i've made for it. I also added a little cape to the design just to make it a little more superhero-esk and think this is quite a quirky feature. The logo/dvd holder part was printed on photo paper because this makes it bold, stand out and gives it quite a high quality finish. I decided to print the cape on normal paper so that I could scrunch it up and give it this textured look which adds a nice finish to the overall packaging design. Overall although my packaging is quite an obvious reponse given my brief subject, I feel that simple is sometimes most effective because it communicates with no confusion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment