Wednesday 1 February 2012

Top 10 things; final crit.



Due to this being the final crit and almost a week before the deadline any feedback would be good feedback but there wasn't nescessarily time to make drastic changes to the work i'd already produced. There was a lot of small changes advised that I had time to work into what i'd already done and some of these consisted of annotating storyboards, choosing seperate soundtracks for each of the idents (maybe to suit the superhero), using an uppercase font for higher impact and use easy ease on certain parts of the sequences. Although all these things are quite minor really I feel as though by doing them it could make a big difference to my work and if I feel as though they aren't working it can just be added to my development. One of the comments that stood out within this crit was the fact I could have thought about my ideas more conceptually, although it's really too late at this stage to change my sequences as much as that, this would have been quite a nice idea to work with. It will stick with me because it means I should sometimes think a bit more outside of the box and I will take this into account when doing the next brief. 

As part of this crit we had to write down three questions that we wanted to ask because you don't always have your questions answered within feedback. 
Does the style suit a comic book theme? 
Is the soundtrack appropriate? 
Does the use of JUST imagery work? 
All my questions were answered and the first and last question were both 'YES' but with the soundtrack I was advised to search for more and have inividual soundtracks for the sequences which is a good point to make because its a way of defining the personality of each of the superheroes as they won't all have the same asthetic. 

It was again another crit with a whole new set of people so I could further be sure that my ideas were communicating exactly how I wanted them to without me explaining anything. This was another crit where I wrote myself an action plan of what I had to do within the final week of the project to fullfill the brief to my best potential given the time we had left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment