Wednesday 22 February 2012

YCN; First workshop//contract.

This workshop was all about finding a partner to collaborate with throughout the rest of the YCN brief.
Our first task for this workshop was two create two different posters that could consist of type, image or a mixture of the two depending on who we are as designers. On one of these posters we had to write five things that represent us a designer mainly but also a person in general. On the other poster we had to write five things we were looking for in a partner in terms of their skills and mindset. 
I chose to keep my designs quite simple because I felt that the most important part was what the text read as this had to communicate. I made a circle shape in the middle across the two posters because i'm one half of the collaboration seeking my other half to make the partnership whole and balanced. The use of blue was just to give the design a bit of variety but also because this is my favourite colour. I used a sans serif font too because I prefer these fonts overall. 
Once our posters were printed we had to place each on the wall in turn and then find two posters which we felt our own skills worked best with or whether or not we suited the requirements someone was looking for. This was quite difficult initially because other people might have got to the one you had your eye on first so you didn't always get your first choice. I found that I didn't always suit all of the requirements people were looking for but if I ticked enough boxes I would choose them. Once we found one we liked we had to stick reasons why we would be good for this person onto their poster, putting our name on the back. I got a few notes stuck to my posters and spoke to these people about working together but a lot of them seemed to have partners already.


Before writing our contract we each had to fill out the above sheet so we could think about our role within the collaboration. This would also contribute to the contract.



I found a partner in Charlotte Bourke and felt this would be a good person to work with because it was someone new that I hadn't really worked with before. Once we'd got our partners we had to come up with a contract of what each of our responsabilities would be in terms of the collaboration and these were all things that we'd agreed on. If there was ever any doubt within the collaboration we could always refer back to this contract. 

No comments:

Post a Comment