Monday 20 February 2012

YCN; Briefs that interest me.

Over reading week we had to choose at least three briefs from the YCN selection of competition briefs that we felt interested us most. I found this choice quite difficult because there were a lot of good briefs that had subject matter which I was interested in. I wittled it down to those that I felt I would get most out of because i'd never done anything like these before.



The first one I chose was the Fedrigoni brief. This is because with Fedrigoni being a paper company I kenw that the work produced for this would be print based or at least proposal for print depending on the outcomes, and i've always had a passion for print because I prefer to have something physical at the end of a project. I felt i'd be able to get into this project more because of this. Upon reading this brief I didn't come up with any ideas intially and I felt this was a good thing because it meant it could be more of a challenge and I want to really push myself during this project. The fact the brief is so open is a really positive thing because it means you can think big and you don't really have any limits so anything is possible with it. I have a little bit of knowledge of Fedrigoni and the quality of their papers and feel it is something I could really work with. 


The second brief I chose is the feel good drinks company. Although there were particular constraints set in place already for this brief I feel it suits the type of brief because you don't want to stray too far from the original design of the company as people may no longer recognise it. Some of the main reasons I chose this brief was because I have an interest in corporate identity and one of the things this company was looking for was refreshment of their own. I also felt it was an opportunity to experiment with colour because their drinks range consists of a large number of colours so there is plenty of opportunity for experimentation and to create something really visually interesting. One of the good things about this brief is I personally fall into the target audience category so meant I could understand the requirements they are looking for in order to refresh the product. The company gives you a lot to work with so this is really helpful but doesn't limit you in straying away from this a little. 


This is the third and final brief that I chose and again because it's another I could relate to. I hadn't actually heard of the product until it came to selecting these briefs but when I researched into it a little bit I found it to be something i'd consider trying. A lot of the snacks you can get with Graze look really good and they give an insentive when you get your first couple of boxes. Although I don't fall within the target audience there are a lot of exsisiting products that follow the same kind of idea within terms of being environmentally friendly so automatically this creates a lot of research. The fact you can try and test this product gives you greater understanding of what they are looking for. They also give you constraints to work with so it means you focus on the other possibly more important areas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment