Tuesday 31 January 2012

Top 10 things; IDENT TWO.


This was an initial idea I had for the spiderman ident. Due to the fact his main trait is swinging on webs I thought I would use this to my advantage and make it look as though he was doing this in my sequence. I wanted to make it look as though he was swinging in from the top of the frame (far away) and down to the bottom off the screen. The elements such as the logo swinging on from the left hand side and the text fading in work really well but I feel as though instead of spiderman looking as though he is swinging in, it looks like he is falling. This is however not a bad thing because it can all be part of the development of ideas.


(At this point I had ran out of upload usage on vimeo so uploaded my videos straight to blogger instead) I then came up with the idea that spiderman could swing from side to side based on a workshop we had recently had with Mike. In the workshop we learnt a 'pendulum' technique and this was how to make something look as though its swinging from side to side. I applied this technique to my own imagery and the result I got is as seen above. I feel this works a lot better than the previous idea because it fits in better with the timescale and means the imagery can be on screen longer so the audience get a better look at it. I've also changed the way in which the E4 logo appears within the sequence and again feel that this is more successful because it adds differentiation to the sequence instead of having two elements doing the same thing - it adds more interest. As with the superman ident I have decided to have the text fading in and out, I think I will make this uniform across all of my idents so it can be a feature that links them all together. 
I've also included an example above with the soundtrack in to see how the movement works with the soundtrack and i'm quite happy that they go together well with the beat. 


Due to the fact I had a very basic black and red colour scheme I felt that although its a small detail, the white web didn't really fit in so I changed this to black. The black works a lot better because it fits in more with the rest of the imagery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment