Wednesday 25 January 2012

Top 10 things; 60 SECOND SEQUENCE.

This was what I managed to get done in a two and half hour software workshop in which were given the chance to just get on with our sequences. I hadn't really considered the time it had taken me to create things whilst doing my idents so this gave me a rough idea of exactly how much time I would need to put aside to complete this 60 second sequence. Once you got into the software things seemed to come easily but its just the intial starting.



The 60 second sequence was the very last one I did so because i'd pretty much got to grips with how the software worked I didn't really face too many issues. The techniques used in this sequence are all ones that have come out previoously in my idents and silent movie sequences mainly. One of the new techniques I learnt however, really benefitted me when it came to creating the background transistion from left to right, this was call the parent child relationship. It meant that if I place the backgrounds two at a time in the right position I could select the one on screen as the parent to the other one so that when I moved the parent background to the left the other background would follow therefor coming into the frame. So that this became a transisition I had to include keyframes for the position of the parent background. The idea of these backgrounds going off to the left is another element that comes from the comic book asthetic that you read a comic book from left to right so it makes sense for there to be one continuous direction. The parent child relationship technique caused a problem a few times because there was a few ocassions that when I watched the sequence back, part of another background could be seen on the screen. Although I don't have an example of this, I worked out that this was because sometimes the backgrounds were oversized or undersized so when they were brough to one side they were taking an extra bit with them so I just altered the scale. The pace of the sequence works well with the music but its quite quick but not so quick that you can't understand what is happening. I have two examples of a 'final' sequence above and I definitely prefer the one that includes the light superman at the end because it just makes the ending a little bit more interesting instead of just stopping on text. The sequence closely reflects my storyboards so i'm overall quite pleased with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment