Monday 9 January 2012

Silent movie; spin sequence three.



Although this does not fit directly to my storyboards i've previously created, I had one very similar so I could use that to understand how this would work within after effects. The idea is that the letter spins from one side of the screen to the other to show the effect using rotation and position at the same time has. This initial sequence doesn't show the fact that the letterform is rotating well enough because it only does one rotation throughout the whole duration of the sequence and it moves too fast through the screen so you almost miss the movement of the letterform. I could look at having more rotation within the sequence or slowling it down a bit so that you can see better what is happening. 



With this sequence I also that noticed when it gets to the bottom of the frame it seems to stop rotating and just moves downward of the screen. To solve this problem I could make sure that the keyframes for the position and the rotation begin and end in exactly the same place so it all happens at exactly the same time and it will continue rotatiing off the frame. 


To resolve the issue I had with there not being enough rotation within the sequence I decided to make the letterform go from left to right instead of from top to bottom because theres more space in between the left from right so more time for movement within the sequence. This makes it a lot clearer what the letterform is actually doing but i've also noticed an issue with this sequence, and that's that it stops before it actually goes completely off the screen. To resolve this issue I will have to go back and make sure that the position of the letterform is seen as completely off screen before the sequence ends, this may mean moving the keyframes up the timeline. 


Once I was happy with this sequence, I altered the appearance of the letterform just to make it look a bit more interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment