Friday 20 January 2012

Image; type as image.



Breakdown of what i'm going to do for this brief. 






I had idea for each of these posters straight away so drew them by hand first so I could then scan them in and work with them to create them digitally. Although these ideas could have maybe been taken further I feel that because this was another week brief I worked well within that time to create the ideas below. 


'From the earth to the moon' is probably the most substantial quote that I chose. Although this idea is quite basic I feel that sometimes the more simple ideas communicate best. The idea of having a black background is that it is up in space. I tried to use typefaces that best represent the earth and the moon, a rounded typeface for the earth because obviously its round and then and rockier typeface for the moon because I imagine it has this rocky surface to it. The layout of the poster wasn't too considered but ultilises the space given with the poster needing to be A1. This is my faveourite idea out of all the posters I created because it seems to communicate best and looks the most considered. 

For this poster I chose quite a strong typeface because I knew I wanted to play on this and create little characters out of some of the letters. I didn't go for just a plain typeface because I wanted this poster to have a quirky characteristic. I decided to keep the characters in white so that they stood out from the rest of the text but because they are spread out throughout the quote this still links the whole thing together. Although this is another really obvious idea I feel that it works because its simplistic and has this quirky characteristic. The fact each character is doing something different also makes it quite interesting. 


This idea didn't stray too much from the original drawing I did because I included colour when I created that. Its another really simple idea but works well within the time we were given for this brief. Personally when I think of emotion, I think of it as being deep and sad hense the use of red and black becaue these are both quite conceptually dark colours. The scratchy text also represents this negativity quite well and adds to the impact the poster should have overall. I positioned this quite small and in the corner because when someone is emotional they tend to want to be left alone and put themselves in a corner. Although this idea is quite visually plain, it is more conceptually interesting. 

Overall I feel this brief could have been pushed a lot further in terms of the outcomes because I went with the first idea I had each time instead of exploring more through design sheets. I'm satisfied with the outcomes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment