Thursday 12 January 2012

Top 10 things; first crit.


For the first crit we had to prepare our concept boards so we could present the ideas to a small group of people to see if we were going in the correct direction and if anyone could give us any guidance. This crit was particularly useful because I didn't really have any ideas in mind at this point and people began to suggest things to me that I could experiment with and it really got me thinking about how my sequences could begin to work. One of the main useful pieces of advice was to go back and revisit my top ten because i'd used sequals for some of the superhero films and it was pointed out that this might not be very interesting when it comes to creating my sequences as the imagery would be similar. To solve this problem I would go back to the survey I did and choose some of the next popular films so there is a greater range. This crit also gave me some idea of what imagery I could begin to experiment with because I was quite stuck on which direction to take wether it be a cartoony looking style or a more realistic one. Another good piece of advice was to extend my target audience to 30 years old, this was another thing I was unsure about because superhero films are so popular that you are always likely to miss someone out of the age range, but it needed to be defined to a certain point and the choice of channel helped with this. 
After this crit I came to the conclusion that I needed to go away and really defined what it is that i'm trying to do and what direction I want to take because as it stood, I had no solid ideas. I wrote a list of things on my action plan that I had to away and look at in the next week or so in time for the next crit and also wrote a little reason why I would do this to show how it would help me move on. I also decided that I would take a cartoon-like approach to my illustration which will later become clear why. 
On top of this we were told what stage we needed to be at in time for the next crit and in a way this should help me organise my time so that I manage to do all of these things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment