Thursday 26 January 2012

Image; scale/format/frame.



Breakdown of what i'm going to do for this brief. 


With this brief I didn't really produce any sketches before hand. I decided I wanted to make the final piece by hand because I enjoy drawing and illustrating things and because the subject I was given (screwdrivers) being so bland I didn't find there was a lot to explore before making any decisions. I researched different types of screwdrivers to give my poster variety but then just drew straight away and stuck these down. A screwdriver is quite a rough tool so instead of drawing my designs straight onto card I drew them onto paper first and ripped this out, I feel it created quite a nice effect and meant I had explored something new, collage. I chose red as the colour for my illustrations because screwdrivers seem to have a danger element to them and red best represents danger, I also felt this was a little more exciting than just using black. 

Overall, although I like my poster I feel that it maybe looks a bit too cluttered because I tried to keep it too close to an actual opticians eye chart by having the same number of screwdrivers on each line as there would be letters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment