Wednesday 18 January 2012

Top 10 things; second crit.




This crit was another very useful one because I was at a stage where I had started to storyboard my ideas  and because there was still time to change these ideas, any useful feedback that included change was much welcomed because it may help me develop better ideas. At this point I had only created storyboards in which I used red, black and white and I hadn't really considered using anything other colour. There were a lot of key things mentioned in areas for improvement that i'd either forgotten about or just generally hadn't really thought about yet. The fact I haven't begun to use after effects at this stage for these sequences is really hindering me because my storyboards have no understanding of what capabilties there is and are therefor quite simplistic and boring. Some of the really important points made in this crit that I feel will help me move on is to look at the comic book asthetic and see how I can work with this, use colour that relates to each film because this automatically will help the storyboards look a lot more exciting and begin experimenting with textures as this may make simple ideas come to life a bit more. 
I then wrote myself an action plan again that I could use to go away and explore some of these things brought to light at the crit. This would again help me move on from the stage that i'm at and hopefully develop my ideas into something better. I feel that because this was the first time the people in my crit group had seen my ideas/work that I got very genuine feedback as because I wasn't talking about the work it was just a case of how they interpreted my ideas. It was clear that the ideas were communicating how i'd like them to, there is just area for improvement which I will take forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment