Friday 13 January 2012

Image; editorial image.



My rationale gives a break down of what I plan to do for this brief and what my intial ideas are. 


These are the two articles we were given that we had to create imagery for. I decided to look at key areas of the text to focus my ideas for the imagery because it didn't have to relevent to the whole article, as long as it linked to some of it. 




For the article on the left I decided to make the imagery quite humorous because with the 'doctor doctor'  sections in magazines and newspapers this tends to be how it is. This suits the article as a whole because when people imagine illness sometimes they link it to being 'green' and miserable. The imagery being a person also suits well because it could be as though this person is talking to the doctor and telling them what they have wrong with them. Although the guardian is quite a serious newspaper I feel that this still works well because of the nature of the article. 

The article on the right was a lot to do with numbers and the fact we don't tend to understand them that much so I thought i'd go for a really obvious idea. I then had to decide how I was going to make this obvious idea unique. I hand crafted the numbers for this image and stuck them onto a pale background, once I edited the image it no longer looked like it was hand crafted and therefor linked more to the first image I had created for the other article. This is good because I want the two to link as they are from the same newspaper. I wanted to use a range of colours and a variety of numbers to show the confusion that is portrayed in the article and the question mark also adds to this. Then there was the imagery for the facebook relationship section, I also kept this quite simplistic and made the imagery really obvious. As i'd already used numbers with the other image on the page I knew i'd have to take a different approach. I however kept the same style in using the paper cut outs so that the two images still linked together. 

Both images created for the articles work really well because they are minimal and simplistic so you don't have to think too much to understand them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment