Wednesday 25 January 2012

Top 10 things; prepared imagery for sequences.











This is all the imagery and also the font I will use within both my 60 second sequence and also my idents. I created my imagery within photoshop based on the images I collected off google. The reason I decided to go for this cartoon asthetic is because not only has it been a suggestion numerous times within crits but it also suits the fact that superheroes actually began life as cartoon-like characters within comic books so the bright colours and general style link back to this idea. I have no worry over the fact it may look as though it suits a younger generation because the older generation are likely to remember both the comic books and the cartoons so can make this connection. The backgrounds for each of the superheroes are these blocks of colour with a scrunched paper texture, the reason I went for this texture again links back to the idea that comic books were illustrated so it could be as though these illustrations have come to life and are moving throughout a comic book, this texture was one of the best ways to illustrate and communicate paper. The font choice also comes down to the idea of a comic book asthetic because it looks over emphasised and exaggerated just like comic books tend to be. Although it has this over exaggerated style I feel becuase its somewhat simplistic at the same time it connects well with my target audience because there is still a level of sophistication because its one straight forward font. 




No comments:

Post a Comment