Wednesday 25 January 2012

Top 10 things; IDENT ONE.


As an inital idea for this ident I wanted to have superman pushing the E4 logo up into the frame and then flying off behind this (as seen in the screen shots on the first and second page). Although I near enough achieved this there always seemed to be a gap between supermans hand and the E4 logo or the logo covered his face so instead of getting hung up on this I began to experiment with different ideas so this could be part of my development. Whilst I was developing this idea someone suggested to me that I could try and see what it woud look like if superman flew over the front of the logo instead so the audience would get a better view of him. On the second page of screen shots you can see where I have experimented with this across the large logo. I decided I wasn't too keen on this logo because it just looked a little too big and generally in the E4 idents is seen a bit smaller. I then made the logo smaller and it looks much better and compliments the imagery of superman a lot better. I was happy with this movement at this stage so I decided I would start looking at bringing the text in that would include the name of the programme, the day it's on and the time it's on. I experimented with it coming in from the right hand side and having the E4 logo fade out as it does but I felt that it looked a bit randomly placed because it's not really central and doesn't balance out with anything else. 


An example of the logo being too big. 


As I was going through creating this animation I began to realise that 10 seconds isn't really a lot of time for something to happen so if the text came in, in the most basic way possible, not only would this suit the timescale but it would also probably be more effective. Having the text fade in and then out again works really well because it adds another technique to the sequence making it a bit more interesting and its also quite subtle so gives you enough time to read it before it vanishes again. Having the logo left on screen could be seen as a final reminder of what channel you can catch the programme on. The soundtrack I chose was taken from a superhero film movie soundtrack album, I thought this was the most suitable place to source it because the type of music would be exactly what I was looking for with the correct beat and the movement that could be syncronised with it. I feel as though this sequences works well within the 10 seconds because its not too fast nor too slow, it has a steady pace all the way through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment