Monday 9 January 2012

Silent movie; spin sequence five.


This sequence took the simplest part of a word and made it move because in all my previous sequences I was working with the whole word or a letter form. I also decided to make this full stop a different colour so that it stood out as it span around the rest of the word. The idea that it span and span again after it completed a full circle was down to the fact that one circle didn't really take up a lot of space on the timeline so there would have been a lot of time where nothing was happening. To make this full stop follow the exact same path as the first rotation round the word, I copied and pasted the keyframes. Although this is a simple technique it's one I've not really used within any other sequences and saves a lot of time. I however, realised that this sequence doesn't really answer the brief properly because the brief states that you are supposed to use a single word or letterform, nothing else and a full stop either doesn't really come into this or could be seen as a circle shape therefor not JUST a word/letterform. I will have to rework my sequence and have the idea that I could take the dot from the letter 'i' because this is part of the word. The sequence above could be therefor seen as development. 

I then came up with this sequence which follows a similar idea to the first but uses the dot from the letter 'i' to spin around the word. I've still kept this dot as being a different colour so that it stands out as it is going through the sequence. I decided to have the dot spinning three times within this sequence because it fills the whole five seconds and makes it more interesting that something is constantly happening throughout. When I think of spinning it seems like a continuous movement for a long period of time until something slowly comes to a standstill so this is more justification for having the dot spin around three times. Due to the fact this sequence happens so quickly it almost gives a blurred image so this is another characteristic I think of when I think spinning. When it came to watching all of my silent movies back I realised there was something different about this particular sequence, the shape of the sequence frame, it was sqaure rather than rectangular. When I went back into after effects I realised I had forgot to change the composition setting to PAL/DV WIDESCREEN which gives the frame this rectangular shape and is the British video format. This can be easily solved by coping and pasting my keyframes into the correct composition setting. 

This is the sequence in the correct composition settings and you can see that it has returned to this rectangular shape I have become familiar with. This sequence seems to go slightly faster and this is because I altered the path ever so slightly that the dot travels along. I neated this up so it was more of a rectangular shape and it seems to have made the dot travel a lot smoother. I feel that overall this sequence works a lot better because of the speed it has and the general path the dot follows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment