Monday 22 October 2012

Black & White print: further pattern development.


I developed my original pattern further because in my tutorial I was asked how could I push the ideas further and what else could be done with them. This then created a pattern within a pattern but I quite like some of the ideas that have come through from doing this. It's also shown me just what can be achieved with something so simple. 

This is my favourite 'further developed' pattern because the shapes are so intricate with the pattern place inside them and it's quite interesting and eyecatching. 

          


As this brief is about exploring print processes I decided to experiment with foil blocking on my favourite two patterns. I really like the effect I got and was pleased to find it even worked on the most intricate of my patterns. This foil gives a more high quality look to the overall design and this is something I need as some of the products will be gift bags etc and consumers buy the more high quality product. 



I started to apply my favourite patterns across a product that is going to be avaliable in my range to see which would work best and how they look in general. I think my favourite is definitely the bag with the pattern on the inside and the flower shape on the outside, it's very simple yet defined and eyecatching. I also think that when the foiling is applied to certain areas it will give it a really good finish and still work effectively with the design. I now need to take this pattern and apply it across my full product range. 



No comments:

Post a Comment