Tuesday 9 October 2012

Black & White Print; pattern development.

I took one of the designs from my ideas sheets and started developing it using shapes as a form to follow and various other forms that the lines could take. I think my favourite here is the first design at the top on the left. I imagine this will make quite an interesting pattern when developed further and it's different to things I have seen before via the research I have done. I also think the fact theres a lot going on and not much colour variation makes it an interesting design. I now need to take this shape into illustrator and develop it further. 




These are the four shapes/drawings I started with when I began digitial experimentation. I tried to make ideas including them all but the shapes I created using the spirograph didn't seem to look right no matter how I tried to create a repeat pattern with them. The best results I got were from the hand drawn shape in the bottom right hand corner so I then went on to create various different patterns that could be submitted to Tigerprint. 

















Althought there doesn't seem to be a lot of development here it actually took quite a while to place things correctly and to make them look how I wanted them too. I straight away found favourites amoungst these designs and with having the opportunity to submit a total of five designs to Tigerprint I chose my favourite three. I didn't carry out more development at this stage because I thought that the three I liked best could then be capitalised on and developed further instead of spending loads of time on this initial stage. Some of the above designs start to make the intial pattern look more complicated than it is which I quite like because it makes it appear more interesting. Once I was happy with everything I formatted the patterns and submitted them to Tigerprint. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment