Friday 5 October 2012

Top ten.

WANT
- A professional portfolio so I can be proud of it and people will want to employ me. 
- Who is my favourite illustrator? I need a favourite illustrator who I can aspire to and look to for inspiration, someone to follow. 
- Is my design style appealing enough? My designs need to be appealing and communicate to an audience so I need to be aware of this. 
- Industrial experience, because working in an actual studio will make me aware of the day to day runnings, deadlines and client contact. It will also give me feedback on my personal skill set and prepare me for a full time job as a designer. 
- Print processes, I need to revisit this skill/understanding if I would like to become a print based designer because I need to know the ins and outs so my work is prepared properly for a printer. I also need to experiment with processes such as screenprint to give my work more variation. 
- Yearbook, this is a product i'd like to create as i'll get to collaborate with like minded people and the finished product will be seen by a huge audience so its an opportunity to showcase my skills. 
- Handmade books, I enjoyed the book binding workshop so would like to create a completely printed/finished product from this skill in order to extend my capabilties in terms of the work i'm able to create. 
- 'What is illustration?' Although I have a great passion for illustration, I would like to create a full body of research to become further informed and discover favourites within this area. 
- More studios/designers to contact. Now I have another focus area of branding I want to look at branding studios for studio visits to expand my knowledge and get a feel for larger working environments. 
- A range of briefs within my portfolio. I need a range of briefs with diverse outcomes so I am able to show my full potential as a designer. 

NEED
- To research Coca-Cola as this is my dissertation topic so I need to know everything this company is about in order to create a good piece of writing. 
- What is happening now in design? I need to know this in order for my work to be current.
- Professional portfolio photographs. If they don't look good this will reflect badly on both me and my work. 
- Screen based work in my portfolio because I need to show I am capable of other things although I love print based design.
- Are my briefs going to fully exploit my capabilties? I need to know this because this is an important opportunity to show what I can do so it needs to be right. 
- What studio environment am I better suited to? Without knowing this I can't go forward and apply for a job or at least one i'd definitely know i'd be comfortable in. 
- Design for screen. I need to be able to show I can work with this as well as print because professionals prefer you to be able to do both and I need to fit in. 
- Experiment. I need to not be afraid to take risks because I could be missing out on some brilliant design I didn't know I was capable of. 
- Create web designs. This would be a way of showing I can create design for screen and showcase the capabilties I have as a designer. It could also be more fun for me because it's different. 
- To produce multiple products for briefs. I need to push the briefs as far as they will go in order to get the full potential and express my creativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment