Tuesday 9 October 2012

Black & White Print: initial ideas.

These are the intial ideas I came up with for the tigerprint pattern brief. Some of these are based on things I have seen online and in books and current styles within fashion. I didn't really know the direction I want to go in to start with but after completing these ideas I have decided that i'd like to persue a line based pattern because the more abstract ideas on this sheet are some of my favourites. I also prefer a white background because it makes the designs look sharp. My favourites are the fifth down in the first row, the second down in the third row and the fifth down in the fourth row. I will choose one of these to take forward and develop. 



Based on the idea that I prefer the line based designs I also experimented with Sophie's spirograph set which was actually quite fun as i've never done this before. Some of the designs above are quite messy because I was just getting the hang of it but I quite like the examples that look like atoms and consist of lines on top of lines. Some of these ideas would create pretty nice repeat patterns if taken further. 


No comments:

Post a Comment