Saturday 12 November 2011

Good is... digital evolution poster design.













This poster would be handed out with every iPod purchased at the expo. Due to the fact I decided to use Apple's existing colourful logo I also thought it would be a good starting point if I kept the arms of the evolution poster in these colours so they look as though they are coming from the apple. I decided to go with this particular layout out of all the ones i'd experimented with earlier because I felt it was one of the more simplistic ideas and my information I'm including needs to be presented in the most simplistic way as to not lose interest in the design. I started off with the uniform straight lines on illustrator and then decided to change them to this sketchy type line just because I felt it jazzed the design up a bit and made it look almost as if it were hand drawn. I created all the iPods on the timeline in illustrator also, one by one and placed them in the correct sections from when the very first one came out to when the last one is to be launched, which is my own i've created. I think the iPod creation was the most time consuming part of this poster because I wanted the images to be quite simplistic but also detailed enough so that consumers could tell which iPod is which. The first 'finished' design in the one where the iPods are all different colours but I wasn't entirely happy with this because I felt the colour pallet was too wide spread. I then changed the iPods that come in a range of colours to suit the timeline section colour they were placed upon, this looks a lot more considered and neatens up the whole design. Once I started adding the text which was the information about each of the iPods the design quickly came together. I then added a title just to make it more so obvious what the consumer would be looking at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment