Thursday 17 November 2011

Typography task.

We were given the task of kerning our own name in a serif and sans serif font. The top example of my first and last name are the kerned words and the bottom is to show what it looked like before I attempted the kern. I found it more difficult to kern lower case letters because all the letters are of different heights compared to when the whole word is in capital letters. I however also think I was more successful with my first name as this looks considered and really quite neat. 

We then had to choose a line from a song we know and make it readable in the right way but not writing it in the right way. The simplest form of doing this is from top to bottom making the words get gradually smaller as they are higher up the page. 

And finally we had to choose another line from a song and break it up into two lines creating the break where we think would be best to take a breath and so that the sentence still makes sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment