Monday 21 November 2011

Good is... printed final pieces.











Overall I am very pleased with the way my final pieces have come out once printed. However after going through the print process I have become more aware that the packaging and bag would probably work better on card rather than cartridge paper because they would be a lot more durable and maybe even come across as being higher quality. When considering my stock I thought more about keeping the same throughout all pieces when this doesn't necessarily have to be the case because the colours used keep them together. This is something I could always re-visit in my own time to see if my thoughts are correct. I faced an issue when printing in the mac suite with the laser printers where the area in which the Apple logo was placed would come out a slightly different black to the actual background, this however seems to have resolved itself when printing in the digital dungeon as these printers are of higher quality. Seeing a collective shot of all my products together shows me that the evolution poster still works well as part of the series because the other products still contain a fair amount of white on them and the font chosen links them together too. The packaging and the bag compliment each other well when printed in the same colour as though the consumer would have bought the orange iPod. One of the main factors that ties them together is the cut out of the screen area even though both are slightly different with one being just an empty space. The fact the cut out of the screen for the bag is so large isn't an issue at all because the packaging fits below this so won't fall out. Seeing the posters side by side also works really well and in particular this is because two of them have the logo and text etc in the same place and the middle one is slightly higher so it means there is some kind of pattern. Although this is a good feature it's not of huge importance when they would be put 'out there' because they would never been seen together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment