Thursday 8 November 2012

Black and white print; box design.


Storage box
I created a mock up of the box shape out of paper first to see if the design would fit together properly and work. I drew 100x100mm squares to create the bottom and sides because I already knew I wanted the shape to be perfectly sqaure. I then created the lid about half a mm larger all round so this would fit on properly. When I cut it all out and put it together I realised that the lid was infact still slightly too big so needed less taking off it when it comes to making the box properly, the rest of the box however seemed to work perfectly but I had a feeling it would because the measurements used are so simple and the overall design is too. The idea of using such simple measurements was because this box would be a set of three gradually getting larger so the next box up would add 50mm on to the measurements all round and then the one after that would add another 50mm to that measurement and then if the range was to be extended for any reason this would also be quite simple. When I come to making this properly I just need to remeber to make the box lid slightly smaller. 


No comments:

Post a Comment