Saturday 10 November 2012

Off the Reel; further logo development.


Based on some feedback that I got I decided to explore the logo further because I felt that I rushed the initial decisions I had made. I was happy with the fonts I'd chosen and also the imagery I was possibly going to use but I hadn't really exploited the layout of each of these factors. I took my two favourite typefaces and decided to fill sheets full of different possible layouts in order to get the most out of this. I then brought these two typefaces together with the imagery I had created to see what worked best overall. 

This is the final logo I have gone for based on the development. The fact the logo is black and white has been purposely done because this means it can be applied across a wide range of products, of any colour and it also keeps it simple so that it stands out. I've gone for the film reel look based logo because I feel although the other entire image of the reel looked really good, the text was scaled down so it didn't communicate the company name as well. I've tried to create quite a modern logo because this is a new and fresh company, in some ways it needs to fit in with existing trends but also stand out and I think this logo achieves both of these things. The logo will also work effectively on a range of scales due to the simplicity of it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment