Thursday 22 November 2012

Illustrative type; final quotes.






Once I knew what film quotes I was going to use, I used the typefaces to create them. Whilst doing this I used guides so that I made sure all the letters lined up correctly and were displayed in a professional manner. This was really the first time I was seeing whether or not when the typefaces were set up to spell something, they actually could be read properly and i'm very pleased that this has worked! I think the fact they are all in capitals was definitely beneficial because this is a factor that has made them easier to read. I've gone for three quotes for the Monsters Inc typeface because I realised that upon making a word, two of them were near enough compelely green just by coincidence, so by having 'kitty' in there too, it seperates this up a bit and makes it visually interesting. The layout of these words will also play a big part in whether this is successful when they are applied to products. With the longer quotes I had to consider how to place the words because if it was a single line it may not communicate as well on products and people may not be as inclined to read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment