Thursday 15 November 2012

Illustrative type; re-thinking initial typefaces.

Due to the fact I got a bit stuck with this brief I decided to start again with the typeface design. My concept is that i'm basing my illustrative type designs on existing typefaces but tailoring them to my own designs so they can't be recognised as the original. These typefaces were all sourced on dafont and I saw potential in them all for my idea. The fact i've originally used the film typefaces hasn't worked because this seemed to easy so I wanted to start with something really stripped back. The top three are for the star wars type because I wanted something quite bold that I could fill with a design, although one of them isn't bold I thought about possibly experimenting with this just to say I have done and if it doesn't work then thats ok. I've gone off the fact that the star wars original is quite bold too so I wanted to make this connection. The next three are all quite traditional looking and for me this links to the Harry Potter films well because Hogwarts is a very traditional looking building and it steers well clear of the original film typeface. The next two are for the monsters inc type, I wanted to choose something which was quite bold yet bubbly and would suit my target audience of the younger generation. Although the first in these two has monster faces on it, I can work around this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment